The Confederation of Africa Football (CAF) has released a star-studded final list of nominees for the men’s categories of the CAF Awards 2022, with some of the elite performers in the last few months making the top list.
The list includes reigning CAF African Player of the Year Sadio Mane (Senegal and Bayern Munich), former winner Riyad Mahrez (Algeria and Manchester City), and Mohamed Salah (Egypt and Liverpool), amongst others.
One of the highly contested categories is that of the CAF Coach of the Year, where Aliou Cisse, Pitso Mosimane, Carlos Queiroz, Tom Saintfiet and Walid Regragui have made the final cut.
The Player of the Year and Interclub Player of the Year has 10 nominees each, whilst the Young Player of the Year, Coach of the Year, National Team of the Year and Club of the Year have five (5) nominees each.
The winners of each category would be decided by a voting panel made up of CAF Technical Committee, media professionals, Head Coaches & Captains of Member Associations and clubs involved in the group stage of the Interclub competitions for the 2021/22 season.
According to CAF, the women’s categories’ final shortlists with be announced in due course.
Herein is the full list
Player of the Year (Men)
- Riyad Mahrez (Algeria & Manchester City)
- Karl Toko Ekambi (Cameroon & Olympique Lyonnais)
- Vincent Aboubacar (Cameroon & Al Nassr)
- Sebastien Haller (Cote d’Ivoire & Ajax)
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool)
- Naby Keita (Guinea & Liverpool)
- Achraf Hakimi (Morocco & Paris Saint-Germain)
- Edouard Mendy (Senegal & Chelsea)
- Kalidou Koulibaly (Senegal & Napoli)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal & Bayern Munich)
Interclub Player of the Year (Men)
- Tiago Azulao (Petro Atletico)
- Karim Konate (ASEC Mimosas)
- Aliou Dieng (Al Ahly)
- Ali Maaloul (Al Ahly)
- Percy Tau (Al Ahly)
- Mohamed Sherif (Al Ahly)
- Mohamed El Shenawy (Al Ahly)
- Achraf Dari (Wydad Athletic Club)
- Yahya Jabrane (Wydad Athletic Club)
- Zouheir El Moutaraji (Wydad Athletic Club)
Young Player of the Year (Men)
- Dango Ouattara (Burkina Faso & Lorient)
- Karim Konate (Cote d’Ivoire & ASEC/RB Salzburg)
- Kamaldeen Sulemana (Ghana & Rennes)
- Pape Matar Sarr (Senegal & Metz)
- Hannibal Mejbri (Tunisia & Manchester United)
Coach of the Year (Men)
- Carlos Queiroz (Egypt)
- Pitso Mosimane (Al Ahly)
- Tom Saintfiet (The Gambia)
- Walid Regragui (Wydad Athletic Club)
- Aliou Cisse (Senegal)
National Team of the Year
- Burkina Faso
Club of the Year
- Petro Atletico (Angola)
- Al Ahly (Egypt)
- RS Berkane (Morocco)
- Wydad Athletic Club (Morocco)
- Orlando Pirates (South Africa)