We can transform society when we learn to train young women not just for their professional careers, but also for companionship. Our mothers are the first books we all read and the last to be put on the shelf; hence the need to take care in writing this book.
This is why the Apostle Paul in Titus 2:4-5 commands “that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.“[KJV]
Divorce today is endemic because young people are more interested in the first date, the first dance, the first kiss, the wedding night, etc, than the marriage itself. Many go into this holy estate unadvisedly. This is the time to give a few tips on skills that make a woman a great companion and a helper.
Contrary to the notion that good sex and dressing seductively will keep a man; I want to state that it doesn’t. Dear, you must understand that you were born a woman but you must train to become a wife, a companion, and a good book to be read.
Apostle Paul outlines a few tips for women in the church. So in the article, we will be learning about a few skills and qualities every young Christian woman must acquire in order to excel in their ministry to God and the church, and in the home.
Every young woman must learn;
- How to be sober
- How to love your husband and children
- How to be discreet and chaste
- How to be keepers at home; good home managers
- How to be good and obedient to their own husbands
I believe that these five statements will transform any young woman and her home. The Bible assures us that when we do this, the word of God will not be blasphemed.
Please note that the emphasis here is on HOW. It is one thing to be told what you need to do, but another level to be taught HOW to do it.
- Every young woman must obey her own husband, but how do you obey when your husband is a fool, is abusive, or a cheat? That is what these lessons must be about.
- Every young woman must be discreet and chaste, but how do you do it in a society that is highly sexualised. How do you remain discreet and chaste in this liberal and indulgent society?
- Every young woman must love her husband and children, but how do you love a man who does not treat you well? How do you love a drunk?
These are things some experienced person must teach you. I have no doubt that we can build better homes and society when young women are trained into wives.
About the Author: Bishop Noah Simpe Bediako is a fiery faith preacher and presently the senior pastor of the HighCity Church Worldwide. Originally trained as a civil engineer and hold a second degree from the KNUST/I HEAR in water supply and environmental sanitation. He is the founder and manager of Sandy School in Accra. Read more articles by Bishop Simpe Bediako here